OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES ("Official Rules") FOR
May Tent Sale Scratch & WIN One of Ten 2013 FIAT 500 POPs &
Brick Pin & WIN Two (2) 51" Samsung Plasma TV's (the "Contest")
Thursday, May 2, 2013 to Monday, May 20, 2013 (the "Contest Period")
- This Contest shall be conducted by The Brick Warehouse LP ("The Brick"), at all participating Brick, Brick Superstores, Urban Brick, & Brick Mattress (collectively referred to as the "Stores"), commencing at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2013.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning.
- A total of 300,000 scratch & win cards ("scratch cards") have been produced for this Contest. Scratch cards will be available for distribution at participating Stores from May 2, 2013 through the Contest Period or while supplies last, whichever comes first.
- One Scratch Card per person, during the Contest Period.
How to play Scratch & Win:
- Using the edge of a coin gently scratch off any three (3) squares on the play area of scratch card. If you reveal three (3) identical symbols, you are a winner of a Scratch & Win Prize, subject to verification of eligibility. SCRATCH CARD IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR SCRATCH & WIN PRIZE REDEMPTION IF MORE THAN THREE (3) SQUARES ARE REVEALED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR IF THERE ARE ANY MARKS OR SCRATCHES ON THE CARD OTHER THAN THE THREE (3) REVEALED SQUARES.
- Any scratch card that is mutilated, altered, copied, hand printed, forged, water damaged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way, or which contains any computer programming, printing, mechanical or typographical errors, will be considered null and void and will not be eligible for Scratch & Win prize redemption.
- Odds of revealing three (3) winning symbols on a scratch card are 1:220
SCRATCH & WIN PRIZES
- During the Contest Period, there shall be ten (10) scratch & win prizes, being awarded across Canada (excluding Quebec) each one of these ten (10) prizes shall individually consist of:
- 1 x 2013 FIAT 500 POP (each a "Scratch & Win Prize"). Manufacturer's suggested retail price of $17,590 CAD
- Each Scratch & Win Prize includes destination/freight charges. Colour, accessories, and other specifics of the Scratch & Win Prize will be at The Brick's sole discretion. Manufacturer's warranty applies to the Scratch & Win Prize. Upon notification, winner will personally take delivery of their Scratch & Win Prize from a FIAT dealership within Canada reasonably close to the winner's home as designated by The Brick within two (2) months of being declared the winner.
- In addition to the requirements of Section 4 of these Official Rules, winner must present personal identification to claim the Scratch & Win Prize. The Scratch & Win Prize will not be released unless the winner first shows proof of having:
- valid driver's license in the province or territory in which he/she resides
- satisfactory insurance
- valid license plates.
- Winner is solely responsible for all taxes and expenses which are not included in the prize description above, including but not limited to: registration and license fees, insurance, additional accessories and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the Scratch & Win Prize. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or option packages he/she may request and which The Brick, in its sole discretion, is willing to provide or has provided respecting any vehicle. The Brick at its discretion may substitute a 2012 model year vehicle of the same or like model and style in the event of lack of vehicle availability for any reason.
- Any costs or expenses incurred by a winner in claiming or using the Scratch & Win Prize that are not outlined in these Official Rules will be the responsibility of the winner. The Brick is not responsible for providing financial or tax advice. All taxes of the Scratch & Win Prize other than the taxes specifically referred to in these Official Rules, are the responsibility of the winner.
To CLAIM A SCRATCH & WIN PRIZE:
- Fill out the claim information, located at the bottom of the back of the scratch Card and provide the completed claim to the store manager of The Brick's participating locations.
- All Scratch & Win Prize claims must be presented at a Store by close of business on May 20, 2013.
HOW TO PLAY PIN & WIN:
- A PIN code ("PIN") can be found on the back of the scratch card.
- Limit of one (1) PIN per person and email address
- Enter your PIN at www.thebrick.com (the "Contest Website") during the Contest Period by clicking on the "PIN & WIN" tab. Complete the on-line entry form by providing e-mail address, confirm your e-mail address, and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- Odds of winning a Pin & Win Prize depend on the number of entrants that entered a PIN during the Contest Period.
- All PINs must be entered at the Contest Website by May 20, 2013 11:59 PM MST
Pin & WIN PRIZES
- There shall be two (2) pin & win prizes, being awarded across Canada, excluding Quebec each one of these two (2) prizes shall individually consist of:
- 1 x 51" Samsung Plasma TV PN51E450, approximate retail value $699.97 each, plus applicable recycle fee, taxes & delivery within The Brick's normal delivery zones (each a "Pin & Win Prize").
- Winners outside of normal delivery zones will be responsible for all costs and expenses related to delivery or pickup.
PIN & WIN DRAW
- On May 27th, 2013 a representative from Starburst (a third party database vendor), will assemble a computer list of all participants that were entered in the Pin & Win at the Contest Website. The administrator will perform two (2) separate random draws, each to award one (1) Pin & Win Prize (each a "Prize Draw") names will be recorded in the order they were drawn. Five (5) back-up names will be drawn for each of the Pin & Win Prizes, in the event any of the potential winners chosen fail to comply with the Official Rules or fail to correctly answer the skill testing question.
- A representative from The Brick will use his/her reasonable efforts to contact the potential winners by phone. If the potential winner so selected does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days following the draw, that person will be disqualified and The Brick shall proceed to contact the next eligible person on the list, and so on until all participants have been contacted and deemed eligible/ineligible according to the Official Rules.
- This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence on or before May 2, 2013 and possess valid federal/provincial-issued photo identification, except employees, representatives and agents of Starburst Advertising Inc., The Brick or any of its subsidiaries, and their immediate family members living in the same household, or the persons with whom they are domiciled.
- For each prize, a representative from The Brick will use his/her reasonable efforts to provide the skill testing question to the Contest participant (the "Participant") and where the answer is deemed correct, and the Participant has complied with all Official Rules, the prize will belong to the participant.
- Eligible participants will be required to:
- within 20 minutes, correctly answer a timelimited, arithmetical skill-testing question without the assistance of any person or mechanical/recording device(s);
- execute a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Official Rules and acceptance of the prize; and
- Should any eligible participant fail to answer the skill-testing question correctly that participant shall be disqualified.
- By participating, entrants agree that: a) these Official Contest Rules and The Brick's records of the draw or any other aspect of this Contest shall be final and conclusive in all respects; and b) release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless The Brick and its directors, officers, and employees from any liability, claims, damages, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever which they, their heirs, successors, assigns, executors, or administrators may now or hereafter have directly or indirectly against them or any of them in respect of or relating to the Contest and/or the acceptance or use, misuse, or possession of any prize. By accepting a prize the winner agrees to The Brick's and its designees' use of their names, city, province or territory of residence and/or photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Brick shall not be responsible for print or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials. The Brick reserves the right to amend or vary the Official Rules, including the imposition or addition of new rules which are deemed by The Brick in its sole discretion necessary for business efficacy.
- The Brick's records of the draw or any other aspect of this Contest shall be final and conclusive for all purposes relating to this Contest.
- The winners' names shall be available upon request from The Brick's head office provided such demand is made within three (3) months following the Draw Date.
- The prizes shall be accepted as awarded and are not transferable.
- The Brick's Satisfaction Guarantee, Price Guarantee and Price Protection policies as published from time to time shall not be applicable to any merchandise obtained as a result of redeeming a prize or any portion thereof. The Brick's liability for defective merchandise shall be limited to repairing defective or, where appropriate, to exchanging such defective goods within the manufacturer's warranty period and in accordance with such warranties. In no case shall The Brick refund or otherwise compensate the winning participants beyond repairing or exchanging defective goods.
© 2013, The Brick Warehouse LP